The name field for weForms allows you to create fields in your form where users can input their names. It is divided into two sections by default – First Name and Last Name.
To add this field type to your form, simply click on the Name field from Custom Fields section or drag and drop it in the builder.
Name Field Options
This field has several default options including –
- Field Label: This is the text that your users will see on the form for the name field. You can put any text here that helps to understand the purpose of this field.
- Meta Key: You can customize the meta key from here. However, a meta key is automatically generated according to the field label that you provide.
- Help Text: You can put a help text for this field to make the form user-friendly.
- Required: This option allows you to make this field either required for submitting the form or optional.
To enable advanced options, click on the Advanced Options menu on the Field Options tab. You will find some new set of options.
- Format: You can customize the format of name field. There are two formats – (1) First and Last Name, (2) First, Middle and Last Name.
- Placeholder & Default Value: You can include a placeholder and default value for all the sections of name field.
- CSS Class Name: This option helps to include a CSS class for this field.
- Hide Sub Labels: You can hide the sub labels if you want using this option.
- Dynamic value population: Being able to dynamically populate Name field’s value adds a great user-friendliness in your contact form. Here is the “Dynamic value population” field option:
Check out the “Allow field to be populated dynamically” option to populate the field value of Name field. After having checked out, you will notice a field named “Parameter Name” popping out just underneath the “Allow field to be populated dynamically” option.
In order to make the field dynamically populated, enter a random parameter name of your choice and save the form. Next, you will have to use this parameter name in a filter hook or query string to make the Name field dynamic. See this tutorial to learn “How to use dynamic field population on weForms”.
- Auto Populate Name: If you check out this field option then
the logged in users will not see the Name field while they want to fill
out and submit the form. It will only happen during their period of
logging in on your website.
Now, let’s see how it works. At first, leave the “Auto Populate Name” field property unchecked. Now, save the form and hit preview. Next, just fill out the form with random data:
Hit, Submit Query button. You will see the following success message:
It means that your user has already logged in. Now, get back to the field property and check out the “Auto Populate Name”.
Hit the Save Form button and click on preview again. Then, the Name field will not appear since you checked the “Auto Populate Name” box. Here is a screenshot:
In this case, the name, that the user inputted initially, will be submitted automatically. This option is pretty handy for your users because they don’t need to enter same thing over and over.
For any further queries, contact our support team.